Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups almond meal flour
1/2 cup protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
Spice Blend (or simply use 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardomom
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup avocado oil (you can also use olive oil)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate pieces
1/4 cup walnuts
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Measure all the dry ingredients, including the spice blend into the bowl and mix together.
2. Add in the pumpkin and eggs, and whisk well.
3. Measure oil and honey and beat in.
I’ve tried this with less honey – I like going as low on the sweetener as possible, even the natural kind – but it really seems to compliment the pumpkin best with just this amount. Let me know if you experience anything different.
4. Line muffin tins with foil cups, or grease with cooking oil.
5. Evenly distribute batter. In 12 regular sized muffin cups, you can fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Mix the topping and measure about a tablespoon onto each muffin.
This is a betty rocker recipe...